Registration for Fall & Winter is now open. You can get information and register at our new website:
We have several important changes for the year:
- Your commitment is through March of 2014 rather than through the entire year.
- Buckeye, Silver & Scarlet swimmers will start the season with a 6 week stroke clinic.
- We have added a High School Training Group.
- We will add an optional Distance training group that will meet approximately once a week.
- We will add optional morning practices for those early birds out there.
- If we get enough interest, we will add a morning Masters group.
Unfortunately, we do not have a training schedule yet. We hope to add some of that late next week. We are attempting to pick up weekday practice time at the North YMCA, OWU and one secret location (it's a long shot anyway). If anyone has a contact at the Josephenum - please pass it along, we would also like to speak with them about renting their indoor pool for our younger swimmers.
The Fall/Winter fees reflect what we believe it would cost for us to continue to run a 115 member team. Adding kids to our roster helps us keep the fees low. Please help us recruit! Also, the fees are set up anticipating much higher pool rent costs (OWU is twice as expensive as the sports club).
New pool - we are awaiting word from the Boy Scout council regarding building at Camp Lazarus. If that falls through we will proceed with the purchase of the land on Peachblow Rd. If anyone knows what Ohio Health is adding to their Delaware Campus next, I would love to know (at one point there was to be a 25 yard pool).
Please check back at the new website regularly. As we fill in the schedule and locations we will post there.