Monday, April 30, 2012
Sunday, April 29, 2012
Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Most move ups are generally made in the FALL, we like to use the spring & summer to hold as many combined group practices as we can to help transition swimmers from one group to the next. The biggest and most difficult transitions for a swimmer occur when they move into a new training group that has a new name (e.g. moving from 1 to 2 is fairly simple for a swimmer, but moving from Silver to Scarlet or Scarlet to Senior is a big jump).
Our groups are set up so that a swimmer stays in a group for about two years, these two years typically coincide with swimming competitive age groups. (Note: the ages you are about to read are GUIDELINE ages for each group, older and youngerswimmers are sometimes placed into different groups). Silver comprises our 10 & under competitive program (1 is 8-un, 2 is generally age 9 to 10). Scarlet makes up our 11-14 year old/middle school program (1 is age 11-12, 2 is age 13-14). Senior makes up our High School program with swimmers age 14 and over. Our Buckeye Select program is for our pre-competitive youngsters and older swimmers that are not interested in training for competitive swimming.
This spring and summer we have arranged our practices to challenge our swimmers to train at the next level, whether that means swimming faster in their own group or trying to keep up with a group in the next lane. Many of our practices will be combined with multiple groups with swimmers placed in appropriate lanes to challenge them to the fullest.We are very excited about this opportunity for our swimmers to step up their training over the next 15 weeks and hope that everyone can get to as many practices as possible top take advantage of these opportunities.
Side note: we DID have a lot of move ups last spring. This was due to our final transition from our old grouping system to the system of groups we currently use. It is very unusual to see move ups in the spring, they typically occur in the fall.
Please feel free to send any questions you have about your swimmers group placement to me at any time.
Coach Laurie Karr
Tuesday, April 24, 2012
Summer meet registration is online via survey monkey:
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
Tuesday, April 17, 2012
Monday, April 16, 2012
Saturday, April 14, 2012
Here's a picture our boys Jeremy B, Jeremy K and Nick R enjoying some beach time between sessions at the NASA Showcase Classic in Clearwater, Florida. Congrats boys on a great meet with tough competition. All 3 boys gained invaluable experience and we're able to achieve personal bests throughout the meet!
Monday, April 9, 2012
Did you know that when teammate Richard Mazur attends the US Paralympic Trials this June, the the cost to send Richard and Coach Laurie will exceed $3000! Help us raise funds for our athletes travel to these very important competitions by shopping at Big Score online:
Our first deal is for training:
Athletic Revolution Hilliard $199.00 for $40.00
The world's #1 training center for young athletes and youth fitness. No matter your sport, no matter your age, Athletic Revolution has a proven system for training that will be successful at helping you reach and dominate at the next level.
Kroger rewards are simple to use - you just scan your linked Kroger card at checkout. We receive quarterly statements of your rewards that we put straight into your meet or travel fund.
Register online at www.krogercommunityrewards.com and select Buckeye Swim Club when you enroll.
- Be sure to have your Kroger Plus card handy and register your card with your organization after you sign up.
- Click on Sign In/Register
- Most participants are new online customers, so they must click on SIGN UP TODAY in the ‘New Customer?’ box.
- Sign up for a Kroger Rewards Account by entering zip code, clicking on favorite store, entering your email address and creating a password, agreeing to the terms and conditions
- You will then get a message to check your email inbox and click on the link within the body of the email.
- Click on My Account and use your email address and password to proceed to the next step.
- Click on Edit Kroger Community Rewards information and input your Kroger Plus card number.
- Update or confirm your information.
- Enter the Buckeye NPO number (80337) or name of organization, select organization from list and click on confirm.
- To verify you are enrolled correctly, you will see your organization’s name on the right side of your information page.
- REMEMBER, purchases will not count for your group until after your member(s) register their card(s).
- Do you use your phone number at the register? Call 877-576-7587 to get your Kroger Plus card number.
- Members must swipe their registered Kroger Plus card or use the phone number that is related to their registered Kroger Plus card when shopping for each purchase to count.
Friday, April 6, 2012
New and existing Deck Pass users now have a chance to win a trip of a lifetime! To enter, all you have to do is answer a few quick questions. From now through the end of May, ANY Deck Pass user who opts in will have a chance to win this incredible prize valued at $25,000 provided by our partner CoSport. The trip includes airfare, lodging and food, event tickets, hospitality and a commemorative gift. Yeah, it’s basically the coolest prize package ever!
Here’s how it works: New or existing users go here.
Create or sign in to your Deck Pass account
Answer the 3 easy questions and you are in!
Best of Luck and Go USA!
January 2020 We started the year with a bang. Zach Ward traveled to Knoxville to compete in a TYR Pro Series meet. This was a long course ...
Parents you may order a t-shirt for yourself by reply email with your size. They are $10 for parents (we already have swimmers sizes and th...
We have a few social media platforms that we use regularly to communicate with you. Please make sure you are following us to stay up to dat...
Kastaway has extra team t-shirts in red with our new logo at their Worthington store. The shirts are lightweight red shirts, a real nice wei...