Registration is NOT required of returning swimmers. Simply send Laurie and email that you wish to swim and we will invoice you.
New this season- Challenge Weeks. During challenge weeks, we will challenge each training group to try something new and extend their swimming in a way that they haven't before. Challenge weeks will start on the last Monday of every month (April 30, May 28 and June 25). There will be an additional challenge week for Scarlet Gold swimmers the week of April 9. The schedule for challenge week will be as follows:
- Senior and Junior, no change in schedule.
- Scarlet Gold follows the Junior schedule and will train with Junior. We ask that swimmers help each other carpool so that they can attend all 5 practices (Sunday through Thursday) during this week. This will be an increased opportunity to grow your training in a new way and challenge yourself to reach a higher level.
- Scarlet 2, Silver 2, Scarlet 1 and Silver 1:
- Mondays, no schedule change, focus on learning a new technique skill.
- Tuesdays and Wednesdays all swimmers 6-7:45
- Thursdays, all swimmers 4:45-6:30
- Sundays, no change
- *We ask that every swimmer try to attend all four weekday practices during challenge week. We will learn a new technique skill on Mondays then apply it in various ways through the week. There will be no penalty for low attendance during this week (beyond the lost growth opportunity).
- Intro: Intro group will swim with Silver 1 on Monday from 6-7 and Thursday from 5:45-6:30
Girls and Boys Practices will return this spring to Sundays. We love this and would certainly do it more often if we could figure out how to make it more convenient.
Summer Training - summer is a great time to add more to your swim schedule. The kids do not have the stress of school and homework, which allows many to have increased focus at practice. We expect to have morning practices at a local outdoor pool (Minerva Park is our first choice) and afternoon/evenings at the sports club.
Summer meets- there are not many! They are posted on our Google event calendar. We continue to look for a good July opportunity for the swimmers.
Move Ups- any changes in group will be sent by early next week. Please keep in mind that if you are invited to the next higher group you may choose to remain in your current group.