Sunday, October 30, 2011
Saturday, October 29, 2011
(please plan to arrive 15 minutes prior to warm-ups each day):
- Friday 5:30
- Saturday & Sunday
- Age 15+ 7:25 am
- Age 13-14 10:25 am
- 11-12 2:00
- 10-un 5:10 Saturday, 4:50 on Sunday
Friday, October 28, 2011
- Label ALL of your swim & team gear, including your mesh bag.
- Do not place your gear bag at the end of your lane until after the group before you has picked their gear up. Your gear bag can wait by the tables while you warm-up.
- Place all of your clothing inside your back pack during practice, do not leave clothing lying around.
- Do not place your back pack or clothing on top of anyone else's.
- PLEASE check what you are grabbing. We have had a couple of kids that were "given" someone else's clothes to go home in when their clothes were picked up by someone else.
Tuesday, October 25, 2011
Approximately 2000 men and women swim in NAIA & NCJAA college programs.
In the 2010-2011 season 160,881 girls and 133,900 boys represented their high school in swimming & diving.
The time is finally here....USA Swimming's first-ever mobile application is now available!
Download the free Deck Pass application today and connect with all your swimming friends. Share times, brag about your accomplishments and set your goals in this new application that lets you compete and connect.
All swimmers, from state champions to summer leaguers, can track their times with the log book and even keep track of their personal goals through Deck Pass. USA Swimming members can also look up their times and recent meets, check their IMX scores, and see all of the Deck Pass patches they’ve earned.
USA Swimming coaches can use the mobile application to monitor their team’s times and rankings. Furthermore, coaches can use the mobile application to assign coach-given patches to swimmers. Why wait until you’re in front of a computer when you can use your mobile phone on deck to award your swimmers for their hard work?
Deck Pass Mobile features include:
- IMX scores, best times, recent meets and rankings.
- Digital patches for your achievements at practice and at competitions
- A way to connect with your swimming friends.
- A tool that allows coaches to award digital patches to their swimmers
- Your team's times, scores and ranks.
- USA Swimming information on events, meetings, certifications and results
- A digital logbook to keep track of your times and earn more patched
- A goal tracker to set goals for the season and monitor your progress
Download the FREE Deck Pass mobile application for Androids here! - COMING SOON!
Saturday, October 22, 2011
Friday, October 21, 2011
- Location, location, location! We are really making good progress on this - I will update everyone in a private team email when I have more news.
- Cash - we need 50 more investors at the $2500 rate to dive in by middle November. We have done a super job outlining investment options for you and the risks involved, please weigh these carefully and call or email if you can invest or have further questions.
Sunday, October 16, 2011
Warm-up Times - please arrive 10 minutes prior to your assigned warm-up time:
· Friday: 4:55 (lanes 1-2)
· Saturday AM, ages 11 & over: 7:55 (lanes 3-4) **
· Saturday PM, ages 10 & younger: 1:55 (lanes 3-4)
· Sunday AM, ages 11 & over: 8:20 (lanes 3-4)****all warm-up lanes have 20 swimmers assigned which is VERY crowded. We have asked the Columbus Sports Club if we can warm-up there from 7:45-8:30 am so that our 11 & overs can warm-up in a calm & conducive environment. If they are able to open the pool for us, we will announce this at practice all week.
1. We will use flyover starts for all sessions. Please instruct your swimmers in the art of flyover starts. Thanks.
2. The Friday evening session will be moved up by half an hour so that warm-ups will start at 4:30pm and the meet will start at 5:30pm.
3. The 200 freestyle on Saturday morning (events #21 and 22) will be limited to the 24 fastest girls and 24 fastest boys after scratches (4 heats each).
4. The 200 breaststroke on Sunday morning (events #55 and 56) will be limited to the 24 fastest girls and 24 fastest boys after scratches (4 heats each).
5. There will be positive check-in for all events 200 and longer. Positive check-in closes 30 minutes prior to the start of each session.
6. The Saturday afternoon session will be moved back by half an hour so that warm-ups will start at 1:30pm and the meet will start at 2:30pm.
7. There will be no deck entries except in the first heat of every event, if space allows. Deck entries closes 30 minutes prior to the start of each session. Max 4 events per session.
We look forward to hosting you this coming weekend.
Friday, October 14, 2011
Dear USA Swimming CoachesWe are very excited to announce a new project that will be launched next year in support of the USA Swimming Foundation, internally named “Operation Inspiration.”
In May 2012, the USA Swimming Foundation will release a compilation book of inspiring stories from individuals who have been affected by swimming. Stories will come from National Team athletes, past Olympians, Make a Splash heroes, etc. As we are reaching out to those individuals in the swimming community that we are aware of, we are also looking for some of the best stories in the country. We hope you can help!
The stories can be funny, sad, heartwarming, life-changing—basically, any story that will pull at the heartstrings of the average reader while focusing on the lifestyles of those in the swimming community.
Within the next few weeks we will host a social media campaign calling for the best stories from across the country via Facebook, twitter, etc. Individuals will be invited to submit their stories to firstname.lastname@example.org. Select stories will be included in the book, alongside some of America’s favorite athletes.
At this point we would like to make sure the swimming community is aware of this opportunity and request that you notify us of any stories that you think will be a good fit for this project—especially those that will touch the hearts of Americans everywhere.
Deadline for submission is October 28, 2011. If selected to participate in the book project, your story will be reviewed by the publisher, edited and sent back to the writer for approval. We are currently looking for stories with a 1000+ word count to be considered. We know that as National Team Alumni you all will have some of the best stories.
More Information on the Book
• Proceeds from the book sales will directly benefit the USA Swimming Foundation
• Release date: Scheduled for May 2012
• Cost: $14.99 (available in paperback and e-book)
• Publisher: Farrah Gray Publishing
• Book Title: Pending
If you have any questions about “Operation Inspiration,” feel free to contact Talia Mark (email@example.com) or call at 719.425.0409
Thursday, October 13, 2011
STRUGGLES of a Pro Swimmer CODY MILLER ADVENTURES VLOG: SEASON 3 EPISODE 7 NEW VLOGS EVERY WEDNESDAY! Ask Me Questions on THE CODY MILLER S...
We have a few social media platforms that we use regularly to communicate with you. Please make sure you are following us to stay up to dat...
11/30/2011 – from USA swimming Knowing how much carbohydrate, protein and fat to get in a day is good. But knowing when you should be...
We have two schedule changes on Sunday, May 20 and Thursday, May 24 On Sunday, May 20 GIRLS Practice will be 3:30-5:00 with optional drylan...